Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hulu Desktop App is Pretty Darn Sweet

Since my XBOX 360 is being held in triage at XBOX's Texas Repair center, I was looking for a replacement for the Netflix On-Demand that we watched almost exclusively as TV since we moved.

Enter Hulu with a very cool Hulu Desktop application that did an amazing job of streaming content from my aging Sony VAIO laptop to my TV.




It could learn a little functionality from the open source projects XBMC and BOXEE, but let me tell you--this tiny program is a joy to use. A wireless mouse is all you need to control the programming and the minimalist commercial breaks during an episode of Late Night with Conan seem to take less time than skipping them with a Tivo.

Some functionality required a Hulu login and I haven't had time to figure out how the site and the app will work together, but my assumption is that I will be able to queue TV in Hulu just like I queued movives in Nexfilx.

You can get Hulu Desktop here, and my online profile is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment