Friday, August 01, 2008

Memes, Rats and such...

I seem to be pretty attracted to the idea of memes. A quick wiki-definition for those of you not familiar with the internets...

The word meme (pronounced /miːm/)[1] is a popular neologism denoting any learned thought, feeling, or behavior. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods. Memes propagate themselves and can move through a "culture" in a manner similar to the behavior of a virus. As a unit of cultural evolution, a meme in some ways resembles a gene.

I stumbled across a interesting new meme that I think is incredibly funny. Take a look at GraphJam...

image

So my idea is to take the various memes out there and apply them to my meme-mock site LolRats.com. (Believe me, photoshopping rats gets old real quick.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment